Infrabuild is focused on providing quality, tough cement, beyond the boundaries of the Middleburg plant’s previous reach, while improving job opportunities in the areas surrounding our plants, and creating efficient systems of growth throughout our business. The end game: To supply quality cement of the highest standard throughout South Africa.
- We uplift granulated cementitious slag from the Samancor slag dump.
- The slag is dried in a coal heated furnace.
- And further dried in a very large tumble dryer – see photo 370.
- The moisture content of the slag is less than 2% after the drying process.
- The slag is then moved to a ball mill where it is crushed into a fine powder, ready for blending – see photo 349 where it is store in Silos.
- Infrabuild purchases OPC and Fly Ash which are delivered to site and stored in separate silos.
- The slag is blended with OPC and Fly Ash according to a specific formula to create the finished product.
- The finished product is fed into the bagging plant where the cement is packed into 50kg bags.
- The bags are loaded onto pallets, 40 bags per pallet.
- Our products are wrapped and stored ready for dispatch.
Infrabuild was founded in January 2015 by Ian Smith and Robert Subotzky, after the acquisition of Cemlock’s dormant cement plant operational facilities in Middleburg.
Infrabuild has now created an infrastructure that will enable the supply of tough 32.5N and 42.5N grade cement to Gauteng, Mpumalanga, and Limpopo.
- Improved efficiency and profitability for customer projects.
- Development of the export market potential to Swaziland, Lesotho, and Maputo (Mozambique).
- Continued service to existing cement customers.
- Expansion of our customer base throughout the region.
- Furthering employment and development opportunities within the surrounding communities.
- Operating with our reputation and good name at front of mind.
Our supply of quality, great-value cement is the next step in the journey toward a selection of expert services and product supply in and around South Africa.